There are only few weeks left until the 1st international conference of GPENreformation, and fourth conference since the start of schools500reformation in 2013, will take place in Kigali (Rwanda). We are looking forward to the following topic:
Peace Education at Protestant Schools as a Contribution to Learning for Sustainability
The general objectives of the conference are
- to reflect on concepts of protestant schools in overcoming conflict and working on reconciliation
- to deliberate on the contribution of protestant schools to the wellbeing and social cohesion of societies and to make this contribution visible
- to share ideas and concepts in regard to peace education and education for sustainability in protestant schools
- to gain insights into current challenges of peace education in the Great Lake Region and to learn from the contribution of the churches
- and by this to develop and to strengthen the protestant network GPENformation
The conference will be the first meeting of the Council and the Ambassadors of GPENreformation. Besides the Council members and Ambassadors, different guests from church institutions, schools and cooperating institutions worldwide have been invited.
We are looking forward to fruitful days of discussion, reflection, and networking. We will keep you informed about the proceedings.