The school was established in 1949 as a boys middle school by the Presbyterian Church. It’s first headmaster was Mr E. Okyere Koranteng. It became a Junior Secondary School 1987 following the inception of the New Education Reform. It became a mixed school in 2004.
The school’s registered number is BSJHS/4 and the school code is: 104090199.
The students population as at new, that is 2013/2014 academic year, is 295 for the two streams which run concurrently with ten teachers and one headteacher, Mr William Barifi Kwapong. The school is noted for good academic performance in the Birim Central Municipality as reflected in the B.E.C.E. results. For the past decades, the school has always obtained 100% in the B.E.C.E results.
The School in cooperation with the Presbyterian Church of Ghana, The Ghana Education Service and the Birim Central Municipal Assembly.